Ecology Publications & Forms
Rule Adoption Notice - Oil Spill Natural Resource Damage Assessment (Historical)
|This publication is historical. It is unavailable on our website. To request a copy, please use the contact listed below.
|Chapter 173-183 is the foundation of the NRDA program for oil spills. This rule:
• Discribes the Resource Damage Assessment committee made up of state resource trustees
• Sets up a preassessment screening process to determine the best process to use for assessing damages
• Establishes compensation schedules for Marine Waters, Columbia River Estuary, Freshwater Streams and Lakes, and Freshwater Wetlands.
• Establishes formulas for actually calculating the damages
• Establishes a procedure to reduce the monetary amount of damages based on early recover actions by the spiller.
|The following changes were adopted: • Updated the monetary amount of compensation that can be calculated for spills of 1,000 gallons or greater in volume from $1 to $100 to a new range of $3 to $300 per gallon spilled. • Amended the mathematical formula m
|REQUEST A COPY
The mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve, and enhance Washington’s environment. To help us meet that goal, please consider the environment before you print or request a copy.
The Department of Ecology is committed to providing people with disabilities access to information and services by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Washington State Policy #188.
Visit Ecology’s website for more information.
|Spills Program Publications Coordinator at 360-407-7211 or email@example.com
|oil spill compensation schedule, restoration, rule adoption notice, natural resources, oil spill
|Read this rule on the Code Reviser's website
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Accountability-transparency/Our-website/Copyright-information.