Ecology Publications & Forms
White River Investigation and Analysis of Other Controlled Rivers
White River Investigation and Analysis of Other Controlled Rivers (Number of pages: 153) (Publication Size: 8683KB)
|The Department's investigation was designed to examine every possible contributing factor. The investigators hoped to:
1. Determine what natural conditions existed in the river system prior to the drowning incident;
2. Determine how existing conditions (at the time of the incident) differed from the natural conditions;
3. Determine if the unanticipated surge in the system was due to natural phenomena;
4. Determine if the surge could be attributed to one or both of the man-made flow control facilities in the river system and under what conditions those facilities operate;
5. Determine whether man-controlled operations cause these surges on a repetitive basis and what procedures are practiced to protect downstream water users;
6. Determine what practical recommendations can be made to prevent a recurrence of this type of incident.
|REQUEST A COPY
The mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve, and enhance Washington’s environment. To help us meet that goal, please consider the environment before you print or request a copy.
The Department of Ecology is committed to providing people with disabilities access to information and services by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Washington State Policy #188.
Visit Ecology’s website for more information.
|Water Resources Program at 360-407-6872
|White River, safety, report
|Water Resources Program
|Water Resource Inventory Areas
(WRIA 10,WRIA 45)
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Accountability-transparency/Our-website/Copyright-information.