Publications Home || Browse by topic || Browse by program || Ecology website

Form Summary

Our Ecology website has changed, which can cause broken links.
To report these, please contact us with the publication and broken link.


Application for a Managed Aquifer Recharge Permit

Form number Date Published
ECY 070-663 November 2022
VIEW NOW Application for a Managed Aquifer Recharge Permit (Number of pages: 6) (Publication Size: 464KB)

Microsoft Word format (Publication Size: 292KB)

Guidance to Applicants for a Managed Aquifer Recharge Permit
(14 pages) (632KB)

Trouble viewing? Try these free options.
Description Managed Aquifer Recharge projects are often designed to augment low stream flows by adding water to spreading basins or other infiltration facilities, and having that water migrate through the surficial aquifer and discharge to a nearby stream later in the year when it is more beneficial to fish and related instream resources. As long as the applicant needs to apply for a new water right for the source of water, they will use this form.

MAR projects require access to a source of water. This supply will likely come from a new diversion and water right from high flow season (typically winter and spring) streamflow. This new diversion will likely be an interruptible surface water right issued for times of the year when flows are above an instream flow or a surface water source limitation. It could be from the same source to which the MAR water will return as groundwater baseflow, or from another nearby surface water source. If the applicant has an existing surface water right that will supply the source water for a MAR project or wants to use Reclaimed Water as the source, they cannot use this form.
REQUEST A COPY The mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve, and enhance Washington’s environment. To help us meet that goal, please consider the environment before you print or request a copy.

ADA Accessibility
The Department of Ecology is committed to providing people with disabilities access to information and services by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Washington State Policy #188.
Visit Ecology’s website for more information
Contact John Covert at 360-464-0813 or
Keywords storage, water, aquifer
WEB PAGE Water Rights

Application For Reservoir Permit

Application for Underground Artificial Storage and Recovery Reservoir Permit

Water Right Pre-Application Consultation Form