Important EIM information.
February 24, 2019
Here’s what we rolled out for February 2019!
New Monitoring Program
We added River and Stream Flow to the Monitoring Programs section on our Search homepage. Monitoring Programs are usually subsets of EIM data. This data isn’t in EIM yet, but it is Ecology monitoring data. We wanted to make it easier to find.
New Search Tools
- Filter out unwanted Data Qualifier Codes by choosing Not Including. (Default is Including.)
- Multi-select in more fields:
- Study Type
- Ecology Program or Other Responsible Entity
- Data Collector
- Facility/Site ID
- Cleanup Site ID
- Fraction Analyzed
- Data Qualifier
- Result Method
- Made Contains the default search type for all fields.
- Multi-select drop-down lists have a 140-item limit. We now alert you, so you can further filter the list by adding more characters (or switch to a Contains or Begins with search).
- Renamed Water Quality and Groundwater Quality to Chemistry Data.
- Added Multi-select for Groundwater Location Type.
When you choose Download for a dataset, it sometimes exceeds the 6-million row limit. We now alert you and allow you to deselect some of the data, like time-series (notoriously large), so you can continue your download (instead of going back and redoing your search to include less data).
February 24, 2019
We updated our guidance for entering landfill monitoring data into EIM. Revisions include:
- Changed sample source landfill gas to soil gas. Landfill gas is a type of soil gas and it was too hard to delineate between them in some cases. We updated the data in EIM to reflect this.
- Added link to our new guidance on air, vapor, and soil gas data entry.
- Reorganized structure.
- Reformatted for accessibility.
Download the guidance here: Landfill Monitoring Data, version 1.1.
January 25, 2019
We published new guidance for Benthic Invertebrates Identification and Counts.
Download it here: Benthic Invertebrates Identification and Counts
This guidance replaces these two documents:
- Benthic Organism Counts - Freshwater
- Benthic Organism Counts - Marine
January 18, 2019
We have new guidance for entering ambient air, vapor, and soil gas data into EIM.
Primarily for data from vapor intrusion and landfill sites. Also includes air deposition data.
Download the new guidance here: EIM Help - Air, Vapor, and Soil Gas Data
December 12, 2018
We updated our help for entering Spring and Seep data into EIM.
Main change - use Location Setting "Spring/Seep"
Download the new document here: EIM Help - Spring and Seep Data
November 15, 2018
We updated our help for entering well NAPL (free product) data into EIM.
Shows you how to enter:
- Depths to product and depths to water in wells with free product.
- Free product lab result data.
Main change - use these valid values for NAPL data from wells:
- Sample Matrix = "Other Liquid"
- Sample Source = "Groundwater"
Download the new document here: EIM Help – Entering NAPL (Free Product) Well Data
Contact your EIM Data Coordinator if you have questions.
October 17, 2018
We're improving EIM Search over the coming months!
We're updating our technology and adding features our users asked for. Here’s what’s new for October 2018.
- We added news to Search.
- Get the latest updates on new features.
- Search on field collection depth.
- Multi-select in many fields, like Location ID and Result Parameter.
- See your search criteria displayed above search results (formerly hidden in drop-down box).
- We put your search criteria in the download summary description and download confirmation email.
- We added download date and record count to download filenames.
- We added the EIM Data Disclaimer to downloads.
- We normalize field collection depth in feet (from in, m, cm).
More changes are on the way. Stay tuned!
August 06, 2018
The login page for the EIM Loader got a new look on Friday, August 3. SecureAccess Washington (SAW), which provides our website security, updated their site.
Once you get by the login page, everything is the same.
If you have a colleague who needs to make a new user profile, the process has changed slightly. See How to Submit Data to EIM for the new instructions.
Let your Data Coordinator know if you have any questions.
March 16, 2018
We have new data entry help documents!
Landfill Monitoring Data
- Do you submit landfill monitoring data to EIM?
- Get help for entering landfill groundwater, leachate, and soil gas data.
pH, Alkalinity, Hardness, and Acidity
- Clears up confusion about these parameters. We hope for more consistent reporting.
- We revised parameter names for Alkalinity, Hardness, and Acidity, to reflect reporting in calcium carbonate (CaCO3) equivalents. We kept the old names as synonyms. You can still use them to load data.
Find these documents in the EIM Help Center
November 08, 2017
EIM's new Help Center is a central location where you can find comprehensive help for using Ecology’s Environmental Information Management System (EIM). The EIM Help Center consolidates all of our data entry templates and guidance, training videos and materials, EIM news and FAQ’s, valid values lookup, data dictionary, and contact information.
1. Retirement of Validate and Export template tools. These were popular tools, but they were getting old and hard to maintain. Also, too many users had issues with the macros that ran these tools.
2. No more XML files! Since the Export tool that generated XML files has been retired, EIM Loader will now only accept CSV files. Just save your template as a CSV file. This should make your uploads easier and faster. Files that have already been uploaded to the Loader are not affected by this change.
3. Check Data replaces template Validate tool. Since the Validate tool has been retired, use Check Data in EIM Loader once you have uploaded your template. The valid value lookup tab is still in the template.
4. Template help changes. We moved the template help documents from Excel to PDF format for accessibility reasons. The layout is also slightly different. We split field requirements, type, and size into separate columns. We also put a document revision history in each template help document.
5. New name for EIM Submittal Guidelines. The EIM Submittal Guidelines document is now called “How to Submit Data to EIM.”
6. Navigation overhaul. We made all the navigation the same across EIM Search, Submit Data/Loader, MyEIM, and Help. Navigation for each EIM application (e.g. Help Center) is in the top blue bar – this helps you move around within a particular application. Universal EIM navigation is at the bottom of the page, to help you move between EIM applications.